Tibetan House is offering Sitting in Stillness meditation practices lead by Gael Thompson via Skype.
Sitting in Stillness
Sitting in Stillness rests in the process of shifting out of the automatic, habitual chatter and narrative of the mind into a depth of receptive awareness: a continual returning to inner stillness.
30 minute practice: Take a Break
This is a short guided Sitting in Stillness practice for a momentary relief from distractions, anxieties, habitual activity, etc. Most often, it will boost your clarity and energy for the rest of the day. Or it may give you permission to lay down and take a guilt-free nap. In current vernacular, the practice is a rebooting of body, energy and mind.
60 minute practice: Sitting in Stillness
This guided meditation is geared towards those of you who want a more in-depth practice. We will sit for thirty minutes, followed by a horizontal exercise for fifeen minutes, returning to an upright closing practice.
Tibetan House Skype will come online ten minutes before start time. The practice will begin promptly at start time.
• Open Skype & Call Tibetan House New Orleans.
• Join the appropriate call:
- 60 min Sitting in Stillness
- 30 min Sitting in Stillness
- Thursday evening Sitting in Stillness
• At start time all mics and cameras need to be muted. If you are not familiar with that process, look for three icons usually at the bottom of the screen: a microphone, a video camera and an old-fashioned phone receiver. Bring your cursor to the mic and camera, and click to mute it. Clicking on the phone will end the call.
With respect to the current financial situation for many of us, these practices are offered freely. If you would like to make a donation to Tibetan House, please do so via Venmo @Tibetan-House. It will be greatly appreciated.
All Practices will be dedicated
to the Benefit of All Sentient Beings
Om Mani Padme Hum
Ani Choying Drolma